 Technic / 8202
Re: front wheel drive system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:51:38 GMT

Hi
i just signed up for this forum/newsgroup.
mainly becuase i wanted to show off this design i've been working on. Its • a
front wheel drive system that has steering and fits into a 10 stud space • (8
stud steering beams)

Hi Josef, very nice setup !

Starting from yours, I tried to add a diff just on top of the main axle.
You can support the diff with half beams, and have the space for bevel gears
to engage the horizontal ones.
Or use standard beams, and put the bevel gears on the external side, with
teeth looking inside.

On the diff I used 20 teeth bevel gears, and not the small ones, to
guarantee the clearance for the diff. Let's try some ASCII art, courier-new
please :-)

G-BddddB-G
g      g
|      |

G = 20 bevel gear, vertical, with teeth inward (or double-bevel)
g = small bevel gear, horizontal
B = technic brick with holes
dddd = Technic differential

With 2 of this setups I now have 4wd+4steer 10 stud wide. Suspension is
definetly beyond reach for me :-)

Bye,
Federico