 Technic / 8019
    Re: The Big Lift —Thomas Avery
   (...) You have to look very closely at the crane, and pay careful attention to it as the lift progresses. I first take the slack out of the lifting lines, and then reel in the line in short bursts. Slowly, but gently, the object will begin to lift. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: The Big Lift —Gordon Bentley
   Great Crane! I am so jealous of the amount of bricks and plates you guys have. (...) That's what I keep finding. The hardest part of the crane to get strong enough tends to be the base/outriggers/crawler frames. The boom is easily strong enough. You (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: The Big Lift —Ross Crawford
   (...) Depends on construction technique. For my small mobile crane the construction I used meant the boom was significantly weaker than normal (bending-wise), and in fact when it failed, even though I was watching closely, it went so fast I was (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)