 Technic / 7909
  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) And both the brick and beam have their place in the LEGO parts catalog. But what about those of us not building robots or complicated gear boxes? What about builders who want the old style Technic bricks to use as bracing or frameworks for (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) Yes, I'd bet Technic bricks are more expensive to produce, because they require more pieces in the mold. To make a standard brick, you'd only need a two-piece mold - one piece for the bottom, to make the inside hollow, and another piece for (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) Very possibly so. Then I reiterate my previous statement. Manufacture them, put them out in bulk packs and price them accordingly. I've paid up to $1.00 U.S. per 1x16 black Technic brick at auction. Is it not possible for the company to sell (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

(...) Steve, My Dad was one of the mold design and production managers at Husky Injection Molding way back when. I can tell you that LEGO bricks in general have a degree of mold complexity that is very high. There are a number of technical hurdles, (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

Ralph Hempel wrote: >[...] (...) On the contrary, Ralph, that's fascinating! Thanks. -Suz (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

"Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote in message news:CAEBIOGHPFFJALB...mts.com... (...) Injection (...) the (...) Huh?? I'm not sure about that. For as long as I can remember, the 1x1 round plates which have come in a great variety of colors, (...) (22 years ago, 7-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic's Dead (was: I need Technic)

Interesting, but not actually relevant to technic being dead. I've got to say, that even with the new technic liftarms being cheap(er) to produce, that doesn't explain why lego are suddenly making the bionicle bodies and arms- these super (...) (22 years ago, 10-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic)