 Technic / 7801
    Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest —Dennis Bosman
   Gordon, When you wan't to lift such a heavy load the technic axles are too weak. So you have to use other materials than LEGO. I've made a 4.2 metres high Liebherr LG1550 and know how far you can go with it. A hundred kg's seems impressive, but is (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

        Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest —Gordon Bentley
   Thanks for the reply Dennis. So far, I haven't hit problems with the axles. I am making sure every load bearing axle has at least two shear planes for this reason. Also doubling up on gears (tandem) and making sure all axles are supported everywhere (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

        Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest —Dennis Bosman
   Gordon, (...) The axles of my crane were supported as well. I put six black bricks under the chassis. You nearly couldn’t trace them. Many people thought the crane was supported only by it’s heavy support arms. But as LEGO-ist you know that’s far (...) (22 years ago, 1-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

        Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest —Geoffrey Hyde
    "Dennis Bosman" <dennisbosman@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:H06pvL.7BD@lugnet.com... (...) you're (...) with (...) to (...) time (...) finish (...) than (...) Have you any photos of the bushing that pierced the Technic brick? I'm having a hard (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

        Re: The Big Crane At Brickfest —Dennis Bosman
   Geoffrey, As I don't have a digital camera, I haven't got any pictures concerning broken parts etc. Yet me explain the matter for the second time: the half bush turned completely into a hole of a technic beam. Recently I had the same problem to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)