 Technic / 7588
Re: some new technic models on my brickshelf gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 14:15:16 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Rebecca Taylor writes:
In lugnet.technic, Jonathan Wilson writes:

Basicly, the secret to having wheels that have both drive axles and
steering is to have the point where the steering piviots (on a model with
regular "steering-link" steering like the 8880, 8448, 8466 or whatever this
will be the towball that the steering link attatches to) aligned with the
centre point of the second universal joint (in the case of the 2 official
lego 4wd cars, the 8880 and the 8466 this is handled by the special 4wd • parts).

To make the joint I used...

<snipped>

So in effect you build a completely new hub carrier with more offset than
the standard part, which will therefore enable the pivot of the universal
joint to lie on the axis of the upper and lower balljoints.
All these fancy pieces of Technic aren't in my collection, which stopped at
the level of the 8865 Test Car.

Someone mentioned that CV joints were used in the black Super Car (8880?) -
is that where those small grey slotted balls belong?

Becky
(whose favourite mechanisms include CV joints)

Yes, <part:2907> was interduced in <set:8856> and is a key element in the CV
joints of <set:8880>

see: http://peeron.com/inv/parts/2907
     http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8880/8880-015.html
     http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/8000/8880/8880-016.html