 Technic / 7156
Re: POTW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 2002 13:33:37 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford writes:
A query about "Modified arm with quarter 20t double bevel gear on one end". If
it's a quarter gear, and has 8 teeth, how can it be a quarter 20t gear?

Uh, doh! Thanks for picking up on this. I have to admit to not looking the
part over very carefully. When I get home tonight I'll look at it closely
and measure the gear diameter.

It certainly appears to be 1/4 of a gear, but there are 8 teeth present, as
you noted. The teeth appear to be the same as on the 20t double bevel gears.
I know it meshes with the geared link (see POTW entry for March 4) in the
Bohrok sets.

Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the universe? Does 6 x 9
really = 42?

Why are Technic beams called "beams"? They can also be columns, tension
members, or decorative elements.

Why are liftarms called "liftarms"? What are they supposed to lift?

Perhaps it's better not to question the ways of the Universe. Perhaps I just
need more coffee.

TJ