 Technic / 6406
Re: Feedback requested on an MOC chassis
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 19:33:05 GMT

Looks like you have more gears than I have. You have sure packed a lot of
mechanics into a small space. I am not sure what is going on in that
chassis, but it is really interesting.  I hope to see your description soon.
First question I have is: What are the small wheels under the chassis? Keep
me informed of your progress. You appear to have a lot of talent.
--
Bob Fay

THE SHOP
http://www.ozbricks.com/bobfay

"Gaurav Thakur" <cp5670@home.com> wrote in message
Hey everyone,

I recently completed the chassis for my latest MOC and just wanted some
opinions on my progress so far. It's not too impressive, but hey, at least
it works. :-D (lol I'm only 15 years old and this is my first fairly good
model) The model is not finished, but I have the base unit put together • and
should hopefully have the rest of it finished soon.

My camera is not too great so I brightened up the images a bit.

I decided to name it "Airtech Claw Rig: Second Generation" since I'm • nowhere
near creative with these things. ;-)

Proposed functions: (final model should have all of these unless I run • into
a really big difficulty)

-Two standard (1990) Lego 9V motors operating in parallel (transmission
switch is used to change functions, as done in 8480)
-Dual-pump air compressor operated by the motors - used for all pneumatic
operations (pneumatics include 2 compressor pumps, 6 air valves and 9 • pistons)
-Four stabilizer units operated by the motors
-Five-function claw arm: will run solely on pneumatic power
---Claw arm section 1 up/down (2 pistons)
---Claw arm section 2 up/down (1 piston)
---Claw arm section 3 up/down (1 piston)
---Claw open/close (1 piston)
---Claw arm base left/right rotation (2 pistons running inversely)
-Dumper up/down - movement is produced by 2 pneumatic pistons
-Four-wheel steering (have not decided on manual or powered yet)
-Six-wheel drive
-Six-wheel independent suspension
-Two V-10 engines with fiber-optic decorative lighting and ventilators - • one
is connected to the main drivetrain (differentials) while the other is
connected to the motors
-Front headlights (four light units total)

I'll post a more detailed description of what exactly is in the pictures • in
a little bit.

Any comments, feedback, suggestions, etc. are more than welcome. Let me • know
what you think. :-)

-Gaurav Thakur
cp5670@home.com
http://cp5670.250x.com/TC/