 Technic / 6164
  Re: building thicker technic axles

(...) Probably, but I think an easier solution is to have multiple shearing planes on your axle (a normal Technic axle). You can kind of see this idea in my crane: (URL) don't know how much shear force an axle can take, but I know it's quite a bit. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: building thicker technic axles

(...) One thing I noticed about Technic Axles is that they seem to have a bit of rational flex. You have to have something with a bit of mass being rotated about the axle to notice it. Look at my znap/technic ferris wheel here ... (URL) The center (...) (23 years ago, 27-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: building thicker technic axles

(...) same thing on the helicoptor rotor I've made. To counter this I made a 'one-direction'-drive that 'slipped' when the motor stooped. See (URL) (fifth item in list) and (URL) the axle driving the rotor also had to bee strengthened. I put an axle (...) (23 years ago, 29-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: building thicker technic axles

(...) about (...) the (...) and (...) (URL)Also, the axle driving the rotor also had to bee strengthened. I put an axle (...) note the rotor axle was actually 2 joined axles, and extended about 10 studs without support. ROSCO (23 years ago, 30-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)