 Technic / 6113
    lego clock —Chris Daniel
   A pendulem completes a cycle as it moves from one extreme position to the other and then back. Does anyone know a formula, or approximatly how long a 2 second cycle pendulem would need to be? Thanks (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: lego clock —Simon Bennett
     (...) It's a bit difficult to convey this maths in straight text but I'll have a go: The formula for the period of a pendulum is: T = 2 * pi * Square root (L/g) where g is the acceleration due to gravity (9.81 metres per second squared) so: 2s (your (...) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: lego clock —David Eaton
   (...) Eric Harsbarger built a really cool working grandfather clock, but I'm not sure how long the pendulum was/is: (URL) (23 years ago, 13-Nov-01, to lugnet.technic)