 Technic / 597
Re: Proud New RIS owner... tires wanted
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 07:17:50 GMT

David C. Pyatt wrote:

This is my first post here at Lugnet, so please don't flame me if I am posting
into the wrong group...

Welcome to Lugnet! If you don't get any nibbles here, the best group for
wanted postings is lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, which is technically
where your post belongs but I wouldn't sweat it, just the once,
especially on a first post!

My son (and I) got an RIS1.5 as well as two small Technics sets to add fuel to
our LEGO fire... but to my disappointment the RIS only came with 2 of the
49.6x28VR white-hubbed wheels.  I have a vehicle project in mind that these
are about the right scale for, but need a total of four, without spending the
cost of a new set of rubber for my work car!

If anyone has spares from another kit that they are willing to part with at a
reasonable cost or an alternate source/part number please let me know!

Happy New Millenuim, Lugnet!  May your all your LEGOs be Y2K Ready!

Dave Pyatt
dcpyatt@netzero.net

There was a red motorycycle kit (shock cycle? Circuit racer? It was a
crotch rocket sort of bike... <rummages> Ah, here it is: "Circuit Shock
Racer" http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8422 ) that came with 2
of these wheel/tire combinations. I think it's pretty hard to find at
this point, but if someone parted out a bunch, you may be in luck. I
agree that having 4 of the big wheels is a good thing. I have a  few of
these sets MIB that I am hoarding, but trust me, you don't want to buy
from me, you'll pay a fortune...

(I don't have technic tire sizes memorised so I may be thinking of
different wheels, the ones I mean are about 4 inch diameter, have 6
spokes and rather small tires, as the wheels are thin in relation to
their diameter. )

Are those the wheels you mean? If not, you may want to rummage around in
the pause db to find a set that has them to aid those of us that don't
know tire sizes well...

FUT market.buy-sell-trade