 Technic / 5859
Re: Technic 4X4 Off-Roader/Supercar comparison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 02:07:48 GMT

In terms of functionality, the 8466 4x4 Off-Roader is actually very similar
to the 8448. The main differences are that it has 4-wheel drive (whereas the
8448 only had the rear wheels powered) but it does not have the modular
design of the 8448. I thought that this was a very nice set, even after
building the 8448. (hehe, Lego S@H sent me two 8466s even though I had only
ordered one; they said I could keep the other for free :-) )

According to the latest LSAH's special of the week the model 8480 is not on
sale but still available. If you're hooked on Technic, that'll do the trick.
And its definitely worth the price ($158 I believe).

Agreed; 8480 was in my opinion one of the best models of all time. This set
is very frequently available on eBay in the unopened/MISB state so the
ending prices tend to actually be less than the original. (usually around
$130) Another great one to check out is 8868, although eBay prices for that
are usually pretty steep. (about $120 for a used one, while sealed ones are
insanely expensive: anywhere between $350 and $600 really)

Read more about them here:
http://cp5670.250x.com/TC/reviews/8480.htm
http://cp5670.250x.com/TC/reviews/8868.htm

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman