 Technic / 5856
Re: Technic 4X4 Off-Roader/Supercar comparison
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 22:42:13 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Eric Hulliberger writes:
I have just built the 8448 Supercar and was amazed at all the components and
how they mesh perfectly in unison...in a word, awesome.  I am especially
impressed with the 5-spd transmission and how it is so lifelike and adds
character and complexity to the model.

What I would like to ask the group is this:
Are there any other Technic advanced sets out right now that have a vehicle
with a transmission?  I was looking at the new 8466 4X4 Off-Roader and while
it seems cool, I don't know if it offers enough bang for the buck.  $120 is
pretty high.  Does that one offer a transmission also?  I see it has a V-8
in it, but I can't find it locally at TRU, Wal-Mart, etc.  I really would
like to look at the box itself before buying, basically to see if it offers
enough features for the price.

I know the old Supercar had a transmission, but that is not available any
longer, except maybe on eBay at a hugely inflated price, most likely open box.

Any thoughts, suggestions for me?  8448 was my first foray into Technic, and
I am hooked.  But, there doesn't seem to be too much out right now that is
for Advanced Builders.  Anybody know where 8466 is available retail(not
internet)?  I would be another 8448 just to have the parts for a MOC, but
$129 is pretty steep for just 'parts'.

E-mail me at Darkshadow79@webtv.net
Thanks, Eric - Lugnet'er #980

Hi Eric,

According to the latest LSAH's special of the week the model 8480 is not on
sale but still available. If you're hooked on Technic, that'll do the trick.
And its definitely worth the price ($158 I believe).

Eric #282