 Technic / 581
Re: Threaded axles.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:33:32 GMT

Tim Rueger <rueger@io.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
FnJ9ru.LtL@lugnet.com...
In lugnet.technic, John Cromer writes:
In lugnet.technic, Johannes Keukelaar writes:

I've recently gotten hold of an 8862, Backhoe Grader, from 1989. • This
set contains one threaded axle, length 10, and three nuts for said
axle. Now, according to several sources (such as
http://www.lugnet.com/cad/ldraw/parts/ref/technic.html and
http://w3.one.net/~hughesj/technica/registry/r_axle.html) a length • 4
threaded axle also exists. Which set contains that element?

The first Technic Control Center
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8094) had 2, I think.

I got a bunch of the length 4's from service
packs from Canada (#1345, very likely unavailable
now).

Also, why did lego stop using these elements?

I don't know.  They were used in the 8094 to clamp the ink pen in
place when it was used in the drawing models.

I dunno either.  I've got an 8862, and the #10
threaded axle is great for anchoring the rear
pneumatic scoop.  I think 8854 also uses one for
the same purpose.

Y'know, it'd be cool to use one of the #10's
with a rotation sensor for precise longitudinal
positioning in a RCX 'bot.  The only catch is
the relatively short length to work with.

-Tim

I think you don't need them any more with these big turntables
nowadays...

greetings
Maico Arts
maico@m-arts.demon.nl