 Technic / 5660
5659  |  5661
Subject:
My first MOCs on Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.technic, lugnet.technic.bionicle
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 07:19:43 GMT

I finally got around to posting some pics of a couple of models I have built.

The first one is an alternate model for 8448 Super Street Sensation.
I built it about a year and a half ago for the contest they had online at
lego.com, but they discontinued the contest by the time I built it.  The
only parts not from 8448 are the obvious wheels from the Power Puller.  I
didn't have that set when I built the model, but it looks much better now
with the big wheels.  I only have two of the big wheels, so I had to shift
them around for the different pictures.  The suspension is a little low for
these wheels, but I didn't feel like tearing it apart to fix that problem.
The chassis is almost unchanged from the original sports car, so the seats,
engine, and ground clearance are a litte low too.  I was mostly concerned
with creating a new body on the existing chassis.  It is a pretty sturdy
model, and the suspension can be compressed by pushing down on basically any
part of the body or roll cage.  This was my first major endeavor after my
dark ages, and I am pretty proud of it.

The second one is a MOC built from the parts from the 6 Toa and 6 Turaga.
I started with the dog, but I had a lot of parts left after it was finished,
including enough to basically rebuild Tahu, Gali, and Lewa, so I ended up
making a full battle scene with the extra parts.  The extra object on the
right in the scenes is supposed to be a small tree, with the masks having
"grown" from it and fallen off, but that is a little hard to make out in the
pictures.  The tree was a late afterthought using some of the scrap parts.
It ended up looking sort of stupid, but oh well.

LMKWYT

David Wertz