 Technic / 5570
Re: New Civil Engineer letter - scanned
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 21:39:45 GMT

In lugnet.mediawatch, Simon Bennett writes:
In lugnet.mediawatch, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke writes:
Yes it's fine to find your own stuff in a newspaper, but I'm a little • irritated
to get to know about this on lugnet (linked to this discussion from
1000steine.de). I think it would have been at least a question of politeness • to
ask me for my permission before someone prints my pictures.....

Leg Godt!

Ben

(just back from a television shooting in Goettingen: Larry's tan engine will
probably even get into the German national TV at primetime! more to be told
later....)

Ben

Maybe I should have immediately scotched the suggestion that I the
illustration picture came from me when Larry first posted.  I didn't send
anything visual to New Civil Engineer but I did include the Lugnet URL in
the letter.  I can only assume that the editors searched Lugnet, found the
picture of your bridge and used it without bothering to find out if there
was any copyright issue.  Obviously I apologise for any distress my part in
this, though small, has caused.  The editorial address of New Civil Engineer
is on the scan if you wish to take this up with them.

Sorry

Psi.

Dear Simon,

there is nothing you have to apologize for! I think this was a minor harm of my
copyright and you have obviously nothing to do with the publishing of the
picture. I have no problem with this newsarticle, but as reported some month
before I have had some troble with ebay sellers, who abused my pictures for
their auctions. (If you believed them, they sold my stuff! But that was a
totally different story....)

In fact it is cool that my structures seem to be such a good example for
the use of Lego technic beams. You know I'm a train head and it's fine for me
to get back into technic for this time.

Kind Regards,

Ben

(Just uploaded the pictures of todays meeting in front of the TV cameras...)