 Technic / 4743
Re: Linear Actuator
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 28 Apr 2001 13:56:49 GMT

There is a small one on my Lathe at
http://bobfay.50megs.com/lathe.htm

I think the one you are referring to is made with 3 #12 axles with a half
bushing attached to the middle of 2 of the axles. The other axle is the
drive for the worm. The bushings serve as a nut riding the thread of the
worm gear. Sorry I cannot find the URL for the original.
If you don't get a location of the URL, send me a E mail and I will make one
and send you a  picture.

--
Bob Fay
rfay@we.mediaone.net

http://bobfay.50megs.com/index.html
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Bluffs/7900/
"Dean Hystad" <dean.hystad@mts.com> wrote in message
I remember once seeing a very compact linear actuator that someone made
using a micro-motor, a worm gear, and a very small number of other parts.
But I can't find it anywhere now.  Does anyone else remember this?