 Technic / 3620
3619  |  3621
Subject:
Roborider 7: The Boss
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 02:30:40 GMT

I just picked it up today and it's a GREAT set.  The model TLC is billing as
the main model (more likely the alternate though) is OK (the one with the
bike and the glider), but the three-part one is WONDERFUL.  It has excellent
playability and it looks downright cool.  Also a good set if you want orange
technic pieces or myriad odd connectors and the like.  Really a fun and
good-looking set.

I had a heck of a time finding it though.  I called all around (5 stores)
and nobody had it, including TRU, Target, and Walmart.  The last one still
seemed a bit odd to me that they didn't have it, as that's where all the
people who've posted about having one claim to have bought it.  So I drove
out there anyway, hoping that if they didn't have it (though REALLY hoping
they did) they'd at least have some nice sales.  The store was a maze, but
when I finally got to the toys section the legos stood out.  There were no
sales and I couldn't see 8516 anywhere.  I was about to give up and go home,
but I saw a box lying on its side out of view.  It wasn't the set I wanted,
but it gave me the motivation to really do some searching.  Finally, behind
a few boxes on the bottom shelf was The Boss!  Very happy, I trotted to the
cash register and paid for it.  Happy happy day!

Brian