 Technic / 3617
3616  |  3618
Subject:
Modification + Short Supply of Parts = Help Needed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 22:17:56 GMT

I've recently been trying to modify my #8444.  My planned modifications, and
the problems they've caused:

-Opening cockpit (simple modification, really)
Without being bolted down in front, the cockpit partially loses its shape.
No biggie, though.

-Jet engines for greater speed (might sacrifice the siren thingys up top for
this, as most likely no one could hear the siren anyway)
Can't get 'em to look right.

-Searchlights
See the jet engines.

-Shock absorbers on front landing gear (the supports there look similar to
shock absorbers anyway, I figured putting in real ones wouldn't be too much
of a stretch)
I need small shock absorbers (like the ones used in Wild West sets to
trigger explosions) and I... only have one.  Do any current sets have these?

-Missiles under the "wings" (c'mon, don't they look like missile launchers
to you?)
Having problems figuring out how to do this.

-More secure rotor on top (I constantly knock that thing off by accident)
Frankly this one has me stumped.

-Find a use for the friction pin in the tail (which doesn't appear to do
anything that couldn't be done just as easily by a stud pin)
I figure I'll attach something, but I don't know what to put there.  Maybe
a stud pin with a trans red round 1x1 plate? (i.e. old-style motorcycle
tailight)

-Pilot, maybe copilot (Technic guys are too big, maybe I'll add seatbelts to
strap in some minifigs)
I'm thinking I'll secure some minifigs with rubber drive belts, but I can't
figure out where to attach them without completely disassembling and
rebuilding the cockpit.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  If I ever get some sort of image
input thingy (digital camera, scanner, etc.) I'll put up the finished work
somewhere.  If not, I'll put up modification directions so you can make your
own.  If I'm overshadowed by a much better mod, I'll quietly drop the subject.

-Andy &&