 Technic / 3568
  Shame, Shame...."plastic" rubber tires in new technic

Maybe this has come up but......Seems like TLC is cheaping out in the new Technics stuff. The 8241 Battle Cars has PLASTIC wheels that look like the standard rubber tire/plastic hub found in earlier kits (30.4x14 size). It is NOT obvious looking at (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shame, Shame...."plastic" rubber tires in new technic

Those same wheels are found in the 3057 Create 'N Race. Cheesy is all I can say about them. feel just like the "imitation" brand but w/Lego logo on them. I hope these don't make a long stay in any of the lines. Fred (23 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Shame, Shame...."plastic" rubber tires in new technic

The plastic wheels work well when you cannot use a clutch gear or pulley belt to protect a motor from excessive resistance. Rrubber wheels do not yield well on some driving surfaces when an obstacle stops the vehicle. Plastic wheels spin and, so, (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.edu)

  Re: Shame, Shame...."plastic" rubber tires in new technic

Howdy, Never sat down and figured out the friction coefficient for the different LEGO tires. However, over the years I have hosted numerous "hill-climb", "King of the Hills", "Tug of War" and "Tractor Pull" type contests. Usually, kids will grab the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.edu)