 Technic / 3485
3484  |  3486
Subject:
8448 Problem Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 06:11:08 GMT

  I got an 8448 for Christmas and once finished thought..."Wow...Cool...Hey,
look at this."  Not soon after I found the entire driveline BROKEN!!  I
found this to be caused by a younger sibling turning the engine fan while
the transmission was in first.  The parts weren't strong enough to transfer
the power into the wheels.  The total parts broken(usually just cracked to
the point of un-usefullness) have been 2 16 tooth gears, 10 '6536 Technic
Axle Joiner Perpendicular', and 4 universal joints.  But that's over and
Lego is sending parts.  Oh yeah, I've built the gull-wing door model and 6
'6536 Technic Axle Joiner Perpendicular' s have been broken in it's
assembly, apparantly from being lifted by the top of the same assembly.
  In the meantime I'd replaced these with parts from my own collection and
my car has been sitting in my room, Vision Command keeping watch, not being
moved.  Upon inspection I find that another one of the u-joints in the rear
suspension has cracked!
  I do have a motor attached to the drivetrain in the way the instructions
show and have been running that with the rear end suspended by the two extra
yellow beams, but that shouldn't make the u-joints crack, should it?

Nathan Falslev