 Technic / 328
  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

(...) I don't think clutch is the correct term. The white 24t gear cog is normally used to protect the motor from stress. If you use the white gear in a gear train, it will slip if the load becomes too high, which is better than having the motor (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic?

(...) I don't know what the big 'L' calls it, but I think it's a Slipper Clutch. They're used all over the place in r/c race cars, to protect the drivetrain, both the motor and the gears/belts, from the abuse of a heavy throttle finger and/or rough (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)