 Technic / 316
    Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic? —Peter Callaway
   (...) Not entirely true. Your thinking of the "what falls faster, a tonne of lead or a tonne of feathers" question (or - "what's heavier, a tonne of lead or a tonne of feathers") which is actually more complicated than it seems. The thing with a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

        Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic? —Paul Davidson
   I see. I understand what you're saying. The main thing I'm looking for in this case, though, is a constant downward speed which does not accelerate. Your ideas are interesting though, I will probably incorporate them into future projects (a working (...) (25 years ago, 1-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)

        Re: Any ideas on how to do this with Technic? —Peter Callaway
   (...) That's where the friction in the pulley comes into play. Your system will need to accelerate initially to attain some sort of velocity. The friction will eventually (and pretty quickly if you fine-tune it right) counter act the acceleration, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Dec-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.adventurers)