 Technic / 3012
Re: Wobbly Silver Champion?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 01:14:03 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ronald Vallenduuk writes:
Hi all,

I saw a Silver Champion in a shop today (V&D in Hoog Catherijne voor de
hollanders). First I was surprised to find it simply parked on a shelf, with
no security measures whatsoever. I took the opportunity to have a close look
and feel and was quite disappointed. First of all, you really don't get that
much LEGO for your money, the red supercar seems better in that respect.
Second the thing is really wobbly, flexy whatever you want to call it, but
the chassis really isn't stiff. And that's one thing I'd expect in an F1
car.
I'm just left with one question: is it just that the guys in the shop did a
lousy job or is it just a poor design on LEGO's side?

Duq

My Silver Champion seems to be very strong actually; the only problem I
could find is that the decorative tubing in one or two places seems to come
off easily. It could be that since the display model there was unsecure, it
might have been slightly weakened by previous visitors. Still, it is not
really a set I would recommend. The functionality is very low and most of
the pieces are just support or decorative pieces, so it isn't really worth
the $170 USD price tag IMHO.

-Gaurav