 Technic / 2940
  Re: Old pneumatic pistons

(...) I broke one direction valve while playing with the 8843 Fork Lift Truck. To further explain how the old-style pneumatics work: The handpump creates air preassure when pressed down and suction when pressed up. The spring on the pump is supposed (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Old pneumatic pistons

One thing I found with the old-style pneumatics, particularly the excavator, was that the down stroke was considerably easier, in fact, one had to pump very carefully if one only wanted a minor adjustment, otherwise the pressure of the entire (...) (24 years ago, 14-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Old pneumatic pistons

One very useful application for the old-style pneumatics I've thought of is a single-cylinder, double-acting compressor. Using a new double-acting cylinder, connect each hose to the centre input of an old-style pneumatic brick, and connect the (...) (24 years ago, 15-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)