 Technic / 290
  Question about 8480

I just finished building my 8480 Space Shuttle ($90 from the new Potomac Mills Lego Outlet Store). :-) My question is, isn't the "on/off knob" supposed to press the buttons on the battery box when it's turned? Or do I have to take the battery box (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about 8480

(...) I am doing this from memory, but I think your second idea is correct. The battery box is always on and the polarity switches are used to turn the motor and the micro motor on and off. Will (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Question about 8480

Let's check....... Yes, you have to install the battery-box with the switch to the ON position. The knob controls the 'joystick switch', to start the motor, not the battery box directly. You couldn't anyway, because the model has two motors, not (...) (25 years ago, 21-Nov-99, to lugnet.technic)