 Technic / 2890
  Rack spacing problem

I have a technic problem that I would like to put out for advice. I am trying to drive a sliding "carriage" via a 24t gear over a rack. Something like this: worm ---- motor 24t gear rack That is, the motor drive the worm overhead. The worm engages (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Rack spacing problem

I've done this lots of times, but I don't know if I have any pictures. It takes some fiddling to get these to mesh smoothly. One trick you can use is to lug connect beams at right angles to your assembly. This lets you use the spacing difference (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.technic)