 Technic / 2316
Re: Those big 8457 tires...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:58:59 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ryan J. Schave writes:
I called LEGO Consumer Affairs to get the measurements on those tires.  She
told me 4.5 inches in diameter by 2.5 inches depth.  Is that correct?
I want to buy 4 of those tires for a MOC I'm working on but I don't want to
pay $200 for 2 sets :(
What do you think of the set?
Ryan

I got my ruler out and can accurately say--4.0" diameter, 2 3/8" depth--these
tires are exciting--the kit is way too yellow for me, not part intensive
enough--me personally, I don't think I'd pay $100 essentially for the tires--
but geez theyre great. I dont know how to scan yet, can someone take a picture
of someone holding the tire on their hand?

The tires are thick too, and the hubs are silvery. But just two is a real
shame--I dont conceive very many models where the four tires are different.

Are these tires for sale individually at any brick place? how much would they
bring? $10-15 each?