 Technic / 2142
  Re: building a bicycle -- can it be done?

Very nice solution. But we're building a bicycle, not a car!! Differentials are ungodly bulky things, but for technical accuracy, they might do the trick!! Have to upgrade the elephant cyclist to a hippo or whale now! ;-) Cheers ... Geoffrey Hyde (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: building a bicycle -- can it be done?

(...) Well, I have to agree-- the differential is an elegant solution, but a little more complex than necessary... a single ratchet does the trick by itself without really needing the differential. I'd say that there's also the size issue too, but (...) (24 years ago, 2-Sep-00, to lugnet.technic)