 Technic / 1890
  Re: RC control on Pneumatics, gearboxes and polarity switches

(...) LOL, that might be a great idea ;) (...) I thought something like this; The RC-controller has two joysticks that combined control four servos. The fifth channel is a switch made for landing gears (it's an model airplane controller). I thought (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC control on Pneumatics, gearboxes and polarity switches

(...) You just build the compressor, and for gods sake - don't use the air tanks! They're great when used with the handpump, but can ruin almost any compressor design. Take a look at the compressor in that awesom "claw truck" (can't remember the set (...) (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC control on Pneumatics, gearboxes and polarity switches

(...) It's 8868 I reccon, the same set that gave me the idea to this whole project :) I did build a compressor yesterday with a 'medium' sized old-style cylinder. I used two old style 9v motors and I didn't like the weak performance of the (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC control on Pneumatics, gearboxes and polarity switches

(...) Yes you can say that. In fact the old style uses press/suck system and the new style only uses press That means that the suck action uses a sort of vacuum. This is always less powerful then pressure. And you can’t use an airtank. The new style (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC control on Pneumatics, gearboxes and polarity switches

(...) Well, I think you can put two airtanks in the system right after the 2x4 brick that has the valves in the old system. One for vacuum and one for preassure. (...) airtight seal, thanks! (...) I bought the 8462 Tow Truck yesterday and I'm (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.technic)