 Technic / 1840
1839  |  1841
Subject:
108V Spark-Generating Contraption
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:59:04 GMT

Howdy

I guess lugnet.technic is the most in-line with this project, since it uses
lots of battery boxes & electricity & such.

Most of the story's found at the link (see below), so I won't rehash too much
here.

By using only LEGO parts & not modifying any of them, I created a 108V (12
battery boxes wired in series, 72 AA batteries) sparking machine, called, of
course, Sparky.  I was doing research into an effective weapon for a fighting
LEGO robot & got a little carried away & wanted to see how far I could take it.

Hope you get a kick out of it.

http://www.engineering.ucsb.edu/~jasonbar/infernolab/sparky.html

-Jason
www.infernolab.com