 Technic / 184
Re: Ball joints and the 8440
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 29 Oct 1999 08:22:19 GMT

"Antony Furneaux" <antony@wellic.remove.this.demon.co.uk> writes:

I had an e-mail form DYA shopping, about the 8440 Formula Flash. I
would like to get this set because it looks like it has some good
ball joint parts. Does anybody have good or bad opinions about this
set?

I'm not too happy with this steering setup, as it will only allow the
front wheels to turn by a quite small angle.

On the other hand, the parts included in the 8440 set can be used to
make independent steering wheel suspension (you will also need a pair of
shock absorbers, obviously), which is nice.  You can make a suspension
much like the front suspension in 8858, but use the flex cables rather
than steering links for the, uhm, steering links.

Other than that, I found the 8440 a bit boring.

Fredrik