 Technic / 1696
1695  |  1697
Subject:
8457 promotion... (seen on TV)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 20:28:36 GMT

Hi all,

TLC seems to like marketing sport themes. Besides the two soccer series and
the latest biker promo sets, they will promote "tractor pulling" as well
now. There's only one set in the official TECHNIC range (so far - 8457), but
that one seems to be specially designed in order to look like the real Power
Puller. You can easily consider it a promotion, as I have seen this "thing"
on TV today, in real life-scale! This tractor pulling thing really exists
and LEGO sponsors one of the real teams. Their car is all over with LEGO
logos and looks about the same as the minifig version, only way larger.

I guess you will find an article about these races on the video-tape that
will come with each copy of 8457. However, I was pretty amazed to see this
LEGO tractor on a sports channel while zapping through the programs (it's
been something like Eurosport). The TV moderator only said that "a famous
danish toy company" sponsors this "FOX - Team" and that there's a LEGO
version of the tractor available as well.

Bye, Christian --- xTI@N.
P.S.: Note that I usually reply slow...
The World is full of AFOLs - gech1@t-online.de