 Technic / 16900
Re: Wind-Up Clock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2010 14:31:40 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Don Rogerson wrote:
I wanted to create a clock that did not rely on weights for the drive. I
connected two pull-back motors to create a "wind-up" clock that indicates
minutes and seconds and will run for about 30 minutes on one winding.

<<http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4149/5057617976_432d48313c_m.jpg>>

More pictures, links and a video of the clock running are
<http://www.flickr.com/photos/62bricks/sets/72157624983543899 here>

Aren't you a bit obsessed by time? ;o)
Very nice clock! I don't see how you wind-up the pull back motors - perhaps a
true windup motor such as http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/42073cx2 would have
been easier to use?

Philo

I suppose I DO have a bit of a fixation...

I have been looking out for a true "wind-up" motor, but don't have one yet. My
solution is to have one gear in the drive train that slides out of position to
disengage the drive from the clockwork and allow for the pull-backs to be wound
up - they are connected so that winding one also winds the other - then I slide
the gear back into place, engaging the drive train. Not the prettiest solution,
but the most economical for now.