 Technic / 16794
    Re: Some help or advice requested —Alexander Holroyd
   Here is yet another possible solution that I have found effective for something very similar (a vehicle that reverses its direction when it hits an obstacle). This one is purely mechanical (no electrical switch needed). (2 URLs) The mechanism relies (...) (14 years ago, 31-Jan-10, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Some help or advice requested —Owen Dive
   (...) Hmm, I had dabbled with a similar solution, but inverted (with the motor driving the bottom gear and the two side gears the two outputs, but discarded it for reasons that escape me at the moment. I must investigate this further. Thanks! Owen. (14 years ago, 2-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: Some help or advice requested —Alexander Holroyd
   (...) Yes, there are quite a few possible variations on this mechanism. There is even at least one in an official model: (URL) Hope you get it working. I always like a purely mechnical solution :) (14 years ago, 3-Feb-10, to lugnet.technic)