 Technic / 16774
16773  |  16775
Subject:
Motorized Helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 17 Jan 2010 18:46:36 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi folks

Last fall we had the swine flu outbreak - it spread here too, of course, and I fell ill too. While my symptoms remained vague, I was in bed for a week. And one week in bed tends to be kind of boring. So I took my brick boxes onto a table near me and began constructing a helicopter. You know, a nice large helicopter has always been something I’ve wanted to create. And it wasn’t the first time I was trying. This helicopter in particular, however, was far more successful than the rest... but then it turned out that the PF M-motor I had around could not turn the rotor. It wasn’t strong enough. :/

Last Christmas, however, I got my hands on an XL-motor and the next nights I spent on revamping the helicopter... and recently I took and finalized it. And thus, I’ve got a motorized helicopter. :)

Build time around two months.

Features:
  • motorized rotors
  • manually operated winch
  • openable, one-seat cabin with control sticks, doors and lights
  • hand grip for playability (and stability when landed)
  • 1100+ pieces
Bugs: :(
  • hand grip not too well reinforced
  • seat a bit too small for the pilot guy - the tight fit is *tight*
Brickshelf gallery

I have modelled the helicopter in LDraw. However, no building instructions but the MPD file contains steps. Also file does not contain unofficial parts as MPDWizard does not seem to want to include everything. Download

I hope you like it :)