 Technic / 16647 (-5)
  Re: Help needed on gear spacing, and another question

(...) For instance, have a "floating" worm-gear-based gearbox sliding along that axle, with the 8t gears engaging an external stationary rack? If the worm gear doesn't have very far to travel, you could also substitute a rack gear or two for a (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help needed on gear spacing, and another question

(...) Although not by far as nice and compact as Mike's suggestion I stumbled upon the following solution after a bit of tinkering: (URL) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help needed on gear spacing, and another question

(...) Rafe, Must the worm gear mesh directly with the gear rack?  Or, could you put a 24tooth gear in between?  (worm->24->rack) Steve (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help needed on gear spacing, and another question

(...) Try this inversion trick: (URL) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: PF train motor

(...) So am I. However, I'm also into R/C aircraft so I have a long history with batteries and motors and could talk your ear off about them. I could also explain why the battery pack costs so much! (...) Yes, I give you permission to go home. You (...) (15 years ago, 3-Apr-09, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact