 Technic / 16394
16393  |  16395
Subject:
motorization of 8466 sized model
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2008 19:05:26 GMT

I have been working at making a monster truck with 8466 wheels. Everything was
going well until I was sorting out the propulsion. Has anyone had any sucess in
motorising a large model that would travel at a reasonable speed?

I think that there is a fair degree of torque needed to get those pieces of
rubber turning, Has anyone done anything similar with success?

I have two rc motors, which I was going to use, but when they are geared down
via a worm gear, they can sometimes slip on the mating 24T Gear.