 Technic / 16377
Re: 8297 cool new parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2008 23:21:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Allan Porter wrote:
If you go to the very excellent www.technicbricks.blogspot.com you will find the
building instructions for all three of this summers technic models.

Looking at the instructions for the 8297 off roader I noticed that we will get a
new differential gear with a 28t CROWN gear instead of the 24t and 16t gears
that are preasent on the existing differential. The crown gear is mounted on the
edge meaning when mounted on a beam, it will be prevented from flexing under
high levels of torque causing the gears to slip (which was the major draw back
of the first differential gear). It is also 3 studs wide. HOORAY!!!!!!!!

There is also a new variation of the swing arm in the suspention which might be
useful and quite a few of the new 3 long universal joints.

Looks like I might be getting this after all.

Thanks for the compliment!

Yes the 8297 has great and cool new parts.
Mainly the new differential seems to be a good move forward, and kept hidden
from our eyes until the new sets release. Many analysis from available photos
and videos were done, but who could have seen such detail in the middle of so
many parts in the set...
Hope to cover these new parts also at TBs coming posts, as soon as the time
allows me to do write them. :P

In the meantime, everything others write as you did, is valuable material to
complement my posts ;)

Fernando