 Technic / 16326
16325  |  16327
Subject:
Alouette II helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2008 12:03:09 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi everybody,

This is the first MOC I post here.
I've been working on it for more than 2 years (well, on and off) and nearly
abandoned it a number of times.
But I finaly managed to finish it and I think it turned out rather well. What do
you think?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SgtPepper/Alouette-II/alouette_03.jpg

Features :
- Scale 1:14.
- All rotor controls (cyclic, collective & paddles) function like real.
- Motorised with 5292 motor.
- Free wheel function.

Dimensions :
Length : 86 cm.
Height : 27 cm.
Rotor diameter : 74 cm.

Anything wrong with it?
- First of all, there are only two main-rotor-blades instead of three.
- The "Technic Ball with Grooves" (p/n 2907) in the swash plate is reworked
(drilled out) to allow collective-sliding movement.
- The rotor blades are too heavy to function the way I intended it.
- A metal washer is used in the tailrotor.

I hope to upload some detail pics later this year together with a short movie
which shows the features in motion.

Cheers,
Eric