 Technic / 16213 (-5)
  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

In lugnet.general, Jason J Railton wrote: <snip> (...) I'm runnign Dick Swan's alternate firmware that he sent me a while back. Dave K (17 years ago, 4-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) I doubt that's possible - a bytecode program just can't run fast enough to do the timing for the IR commands, on either brick. The NXT can only manage it because it sends them over a slow comms link to a HiTechnic IRLink sensor, then that (...) (17 years ago, 3-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) <snip> Nicely done John! Is there a tentative timeframe when NQC for the RCX will be updated to support IR to the LEGO powerfunctions? Dave K (17 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New TECHNIC sets for Fall 2008

Snippo (...) /Snippo Who puts LEDs in LEGO bricks? That's sooo 20th century... :-P (URL) 1980? reference> (URL) I assume these were LEDs, as I have never had the privelege of mutilating these for the sake of science. Anyway. I'm excited to see these (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) In collaboration with Jason Railton I have modified/extended the NBC and NXC API functions for the HiTechnic iRLink device in support of the newly documented Power Function modes as well as the R/C Train IR protocol. I uploaded a new (...) (17 years ago, 1-Feb-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact