 Technic / 16193 (-5)
  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

Thank you very much for that fine piece of software Bob! After reading your post I immediately run in my LEGO room to grab an RCX and the IR tower to test your software. Well, I had to find out that I had not enough batteries at home and thus had to (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) I did this experiment a while ago, I just presumed everyone else has as well. The Short answer is NO. I could not get the new IR train to control the PF receivers either at full on, or with PWM. My IR train, and PF gear are 100% incompatible. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Function control with RCX and BrickOS

(...) Okay, thanks. I can get 'Single output Mode' to work now. 'Single pin Mode' may be working too, but I'm not sure what to expect from it. I would expect setting either C1 or C2 would set them to 9V and run a motor forwards or backwards. Setting (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) I'd be very interested in that experiment (using a Hobby train RC on the PW Receiver) as well, but this does answer a number of questions for trains. For instance, tunnels and large layout out of line-of-sight on the RC should now be possible. (...) (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Power Functions infra-red RC protocol released!

(...) Either single pin modes allow to set each output to 1 (9V) or 0 (0V). (...) See the drive datasheet: (URL) can reach 1A peak, continuous value is lower (500-600mA) especially if both outputs are heavily loaded at the same time. Philo (17 years ago, 26-Jan-08, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact