 Technic / 16056
Re: Christmas Technic
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2007 02:38:06 GMT

In lugnet.technic, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

I did, I got the bulldozer as well.

Looking forward to opening it.

Janey "Red Brick"

P.S. Happy Holidays to everyone on LUGnet

I've decided to jack in building for tonight as it's getting late and I was
starting to make mistakes. I finished book 2 and made a small start on three.

I think I've done myself a mischief though as I now have a strange pain in my
side, probably nothing though. Today I learnt it's not a good idea to build for
over an hour on the living room floor as knees and other bits don't like it.

Luckily for the rest I managed to commandeer the dining room table.

I feel I now have a slightly improved understanding of the whole studless
building paradyme, but I still think it's inferior to normal methods. Studless
seems to necessitate "overlayering", whereby assemblies you might want to pull
apart or modify are buried too deeply within the structure.

I got the tracks on. I like the way that book two leaves you with a finished
tractor minus blade and ripper, allowing you to modify from their, into for
instance a tractor dozer for a pull scraper, just add tow hitch.

Anyway I drove it across the table and over the as yet unused bits and it
performed really well. I would have preferred a lower gearing to give a more
prototypical slow speed, but I realise this is a toy, and is designed for
entertaining kids. Maybe I'll be able to get a 36 tooth gear in somewhere, but
that will involve more study.