 Technic / 15944
Re: Aquarium hoses for pneumatics?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:56:30 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steven Combs wrote:
I recently purchased some non-Technic hose from Toms Technic on Brickbay.
It should be in any time, but Tom says it works just as well and I have no
reason to doubt him, as he has been very reliable.  I will try to remember
to post a report later.

Steven B. Combs, MS, CIT
Associate Professor - Instructional Technologist
Ivy Tech Community College of Indiana
3501 First Avenue
Evansville, IN 47710
812.429.1476
mailto:scombs@ivy.tec.in.us
http://faculty.ivy.tec.in.us/~scombs

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf Of
Gaurav Thakur
Sent: Monday, 14 May 2001 8:54 PM
To: lugnet.technic@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Aquarium hoses for pneumatics?

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson writes:
Hi!

Just got an idea, don't they have small hoses for aquarium air pumps
and such? Is that in the range of pneumatics?

I know the model airplane hoses can be used, but they're in some
silicone rubber to withstand the oil and fuel so they are more
expensive then PVC hoses...

I guess the original LEGO hoses is also in silicone for smootheness
and durability but if one want's cheaper hoses?

Just a thought...
/Tobbe

http://www.arnesson.nu/lotek/

That would be interesting; I've also been trying to find a suitable
replacement for the Lego pneumatic tubing that is cheaper for some time now.
You're right about the model airplane tubing though; I went to a store that
sells that and it turned out to be more expensive than Lego's tubing. I
don't know much about the aquarium hoses but it would be very nice if they
fit the Lego air nozzles. I would really like to buy a 100-foot or so roll
of Lego-compatible tubing for $10-$15 USD...

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com
http://cp5670.terrashare.com/TC/

Hi,

does anyone found where to buy LEGO pneumatic compatible silicone hose in
different colors, like red, blue, yellow, etc...?
As far as I measured, compatible hose should have the following measures:
Internal Diameter: 1/16"
External diameter: 5/32"

Thanks,
Fernando