 Technic / 15929
  Re: Power Functions

No, you're not understanding how the system works. LEGO could have easily have made this very same system using the old two wire connector. The extra two wires don't do anything special. The more I think about things, the more turned off I am (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions

"Dan Berladyn" <dberladyn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Jpnu4I.G49@lugnet.com... (...) The way I grasp the concept is when (if?) the adapter (legacy) cable becomes available, it will probably connect to the C1 and C2 pins on the PF connector (...) (17 years ago, 9-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions

(...) The two added wires (power lines) provide permanent, fixed polarity supply for IR receiver. The new connector precisely ensure that no polarity reversal is possible. Without that, the IR receeiver would have needed a rectifier bridge (...) (17 years ago, 10-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Power Functions

(...) Ok. I see the point with the powerloss and polarity requirements... but I don't think I'll ever see this change as a good thing. (...) I don't know about anyone else, but I don't want extension wires for compatibilty. I want "Conversion (...) (17 years ago, 11-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)