 Technic / 15800
Re: New part: 120° tri-axle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2007 15:18:24 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jean-Marc Nimal wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Brian Davis wrote:

Curious. I’ve not seen this referenced here on LUGNET, in fact can find only one picture of it on BrickLink with a note that the inventory for the set in question (7662-1, Trade Federation MTT) is “pending”. but it certainly looks interesting:

Technic connector hub with 3 axles:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=bb258

Any thoughts? Anybody had a chance to play with these?

Brian,

I suppose it’s not in lugnet/LDraw/peeron yet simply because it’s probably a new part, just reaching the stores now.

If you look at the instructions for set 7662 (book 2/2, 4515435, page 54), you can also see that part, along with its item number: 4502595 (light bley). I believe the part (design) number is 57585.

I know it’s of little help as long as you can’t order bulk parts from LEGO, but at least you know what you’d ask...

I hope it’ll be in other (cheaper) sets, as producing a new mold for just one set doesn’t quite sound wise (but then again it’s not like it never happened)

Considering how the element isn’t even used to any “high” potential (it holds on the legs of a destroyer droid), it seems likely that this fairly-obviously-TECHNIC element would be used for Grander Plans eventually, and one-would-hope, soon.

Further, the word we keep getting is that element growth has slowed dramatically as part of the cost-cutting measures, so I’m betting that now more than ever, we wouldn’t see “one off” element mouldings.

I for one can’t wait to try some things with this part, it’s definitely squarely in the “quite useful” category. To approximate this with existing parts would be far bulkier.

-- joshua