 Technic / 158
Re: Purple Hubcap tires
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 09:02:24 GMT

"Richard Marchetti" <blueofnoon@aol.com> writes:

What set contained two large rubber tires with purple wheels?  I am almost
positive they are technic...

I've seen them too, and I believe they are from one of the "add-on" sets
for the Robotic Inventions System set (9719).  Can it be 9730
"RoboSports", perhaps?  No, wait, they're from the "Extreme Creatures
set" (9732).  Here's a scan of the contents of that set:

    http://people.netscape.com/toms/images/extremecreatures.jpg

And the LUGNET database entry:

If I'm not mistaken, the wheels that appear in purple are the 20x30
balloon tires, as seen in, e.g., 8235

    http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=8235

They may be a bit too rugged for a hot rod?

Fredrik