 Technic / 15779
  Lego Servo's

I am looking for a way to use my 2 channel RC Radio/receiver with Lego Motors I am building a tank and think it would be much easier to control this way does anyone know how to control lego motors with a receiver? I dont want to get into RCS or (...) (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Servo's

(...) About the only thing I could suggest is buying regular speed controllers. You should be able to get some electronic ones that can plug right into the receiver. Steve (17 years ago, 23-May-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Servo's

(...) You mean take a regular Electronic Speed control thats usually powered by a 7.2 Nimh Pack and wire it into the standard Lego Motor? I wonder if it would work or burn out the motor. those batteries have alot of juice Adam (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Servo's

(...) Yes. That's what I'm suggesting. I doubt it would cause any problem to power the 9v motors with 7.2v batteries. (but I could be wrong) Steve (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Servo's

(...) Connect a "6551 Electric Technic Pole Reverser" to the servos - if you can find them. I glued medium pulleys to the servo and stuck a normal technic axle through the whole thing. Perhaps some inspiration here: (URL) here: (URL) are quite a few (...) (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Servo's

(...) It wouldn't cause any problem. I use 6 AA NiMH batteries to power 9V Lego motors all the time without any ill effects. This includes the NXT motors, the RC Buggy motor, and the RC Trains motor. Both through the NXT brick and using a normal (...) (17 years ago, 24-May-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Servo's

(...) There's more than 20 on BrickLink: (URL) are high but not terrible... (17 years ago, 25-May-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Servo's

(...) I am not very sure how this works.. do you have to have power from the battery pack on all the time then the servo just switches from full forward to none then to full reverse? if this is the case. then it would be pretty jerky.. i am hoping (...) (17 years ago, 25-May-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Lego Servo's

(...) Just an FYI I connected a Lego Buggy Motor to my Tamiya Electronic Speed control with reverse. and it works like a charm.. full proportional forward and back control. while connected to a regular RC 7.2v 3600mah Nimh Battery back. now I just (...) (17 years ago, 26-May-07, to lugnet.technic)