 Technic / 15716
Re: Radio controlled CAT D7R LGP
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 16:39:39 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jordan Schwarz wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Dennis Bosman wrote:
   Before we even know LEGO would release it’s own radio controlled bulldozer I started to build my own one in April 2006. As usual I wanted to but a set which wasn’t in LEGOs assortment anymore and after visiting a few toy shops I found my copy of set 8366. At first I was a littlebit disappointed; the steering is only suitable for racing cars and not for trucks which I mostly make. However, I really wanted to make a real life MOC based on this sets and then I thought a bulldozer would be something.

After a year I finished my MOC this week and took it outdoor today for a photoshoot. More info I will place on my website soon. In a meanwhile you can see a few pictures in my Brickshelf gallery.

Dennis Bosman

www.dennisbosman.nl

Wow! Spectacular! I’d love to see some video coverage of your bulldozer in action. I think it looks even better than the one LEGO is coming out with. I think the tractor and lo-boy are very well done also. Excellent work!

Jordan

It looks beautiful Dennis! Yes, you should make a video of it. It would also be nice to see the mechanisms inside it. Did you use 1 motor for the tracks and the steering motor (inside the RC module) to add/subtract from each side, or did you use independently controlled tracks? I guess I may have to wait until you post more details on your site.

The best part in my opinion is the use of the flat 1x’s placed in a perpendicular fashion for the treads. From a distance it looks exactly like real dozer treads. The best picture is the one from the rear where one can see right through the tracks.

Nathan