 Technic / 15624
Re: Robo Quad - Stage One
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 02:19:15 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Eric Sophie wrote:

   As you may or may not know, I have been studying rolling walking quad hybrids.

Slight snippage has occurred ;o)

Eric,

The depth of thinking and your skill at building these Robo Quads is wonderful. I will follow this project, too. Since I’m a limited technic person, and am just getting exposed to NXT, I doubt I could contribute much.

I especially like your following the mammalian design to try to create a very functional mobile unit. Ma Nature has had a long, long time to work on mobility and balance issues with legged beasts, and is a great place to find inspiration. One thing you might want to consider is that in many quadrupeds, including felines and canines, the front legs tend to serve as the primary load-bearing members, and the rear legs the primary pushers (locomoters).

This is cool stuff.

-best,

Wolf