 Technic / 15243
Re: Motor Technique
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 07:48:31 GMT

Before the advent of the RC Car motor, this was the most power that could be
obtained from a single LEGO motor and used on a Technic axle, 12V at 0.667A = 8
Watts.

We don't know the efficiency of this setup... but it looks interesting!

Unfortunately, the 32W of power required,
supplied by an old computer switch mode power supply (12V at up to 6A), melted a
pole reverser switch :-)

I noticed too that they are somewhat... fragile.

It would be interesting to see how this mechanism compares against the other
motors that Philo has measured for performance:
http://www.philohome.com/motors/motorcomp.htm

Unfortunately I don't have this motor in my collection (yet...)

Philo